A Wednesday list
I know, I know...two Wednesdays in a row. Don't get used to it. Nothing consistent going on around here.
1. I hope the merchandisers at Target are getting compensated very well, because they certainly do their job well. I haven't been to Target it a while, and I forgot how much willpower it takes to walk through that store and not buy ALL THE THINGS. Seriously, the home organization department alone (freshly stocked I'm sure for back to college/school/fall) was calling my name. I just kept inner-chanting: almost debt-free, almost debt-free.
2. I need some more coffee.
3. I'm reading Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith (a.k.a. J.K. Rowling). It's the third in the Cormoran Strike detective series. If you're a fan of detective novels, I'm a fan of these. They can be a little grim and gritty -- not graphic, necessarily, but this third one is a touch gruesome. I may have to quit reading it right before bed. But Rowling is so talented. I heard through a friend of mine that they're making a BBC series out of them, and I'm pretty excited.
4. I know better than to long for cooler weather in Houston in September, but I'd settle for anything below 85 at this point -- temperature or humidity. I think we might get a brief reprieve at the end of next week. Please, God.
5. The down side to doing any kind of clothes shopping with kids is that I hate dragging them into the dressing room (especially if they're in a cart, like at Target). So inevitably, I guess on my size, guess wrong, and end up having to go back to the store to return or exchange it. Which is also super annoying! Today, it was a running tank top. Ugh. When will I learn. It's one reason I've started taking the advice of a blogger I follow: find a couple of web sites with free returns. Buy two sizes, then return the one that doesn't fit! Or, I'm addicted to ThredUp (online consignment store. Hello! Saving money, saving the environment, and cute clothes!). Free returns if you apply it to store credit. Like in-person consignment stores it sometimes takes a tad longer to find what you want, but I can search while in my jammies watching Netflix. So...win.
6. I went to Half Price Books the other day to shop for baby gifts. Of course I walked out with two books for myself! Looking forward to some paper and ink once I'm done with my library ebook. A Corner of White, by Jaclyn Moriarty and Fan Girl, by Rainbow Rowell.